The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2019, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial, and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Data Encoder.
Language Needed: Amharic- 28, Oromiffa – 8, Somali – 2, Afar – 2.
Reports to: ICT Manager
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Work Duration: 10 days
Salary: Attractive Daily Rate
Expected Start Date: Immediately
Purpose of the Role
Under the direct support of the ICT Manager the data encoder will be responsible for collecting and entering data of pol workers through the election process. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing a system which helps to prevent duplication and ensures data accuracy. The data encoder will also maintain and compile files and must design modern file handling system.
- Responsible for Sorting and entering data of pol workers located at all constituency and polling stations
- Develop and implement a system to ensure data accuracy and prevent duplication
- Do periodical self-audit to avoid duplication and to confirm the entered data aligns with the original data
- Ensure confidentiality of data
- Must put all paper data into computer data system
- Develop, implement and evaluate data backup system
- Organize and compile data in manageable fashion
- Filing and making paper copies
- Completing data backups and reporting errors to management
- Perform any additional act as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, IT or related fields.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented and good problem-solving skills.
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer and typing skills.
- Basic maths skills.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Fast leaner and ability to adapt to any work environment.
- Able to work in a stressful and challenging environment.
- Ability to quickly process and organize information.
- Proficiency in English and Amharic required.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with two professional references via our portal abhjobs.com by looking for the job entry of Data Encoder.
Application Deadline: 28/03/2021
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by ABH Partners Plc.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.